While Ben loves being behind the camera, he also loves sharing his knowledge, teaching and mentoring.
If you’re looking for intense one-on-one studio workshops focused on technique or you want to pick Ben’s brain about running a successful business (photography or otherwise!), this is the place for you.
Ben has a decade of experience creating world-class headshots, classic portraiture and artistic boudoir portraits. He’s grown his business from a corner of his kitchen to a multi-functional studio in one of Louisville’s premiere commercial corridors. Let him help you take the next steps in person or via video sessions.
In Studio One-on-One Photography Workshop
If you want a full day of up-close, personalized studio photography instruction, and mentoring, this is for you.
Read the description then fill out the contact form below if you are interested.
What you’ll learn in Ben’s Full Day Photography Workshop:
- Understanding lighting is crucial to create beautiful artistic portraits. In this class, you will learn one and two light setups and how to use those to create beautifully lit portraits.
- But there’s more to stunning portraits than knowing how to use light. You also need to know how to connect with your subject and how to use that connection to create portraits that capture their real self. The second part of your one-on-one day includes shooting time with a studio model. You’ll learn how to create rapport and help your clients feel comfortable on camera.
- What happens once you’ve created amazing portraits? Re-touching! The final part of your personal workshop will dig into the nuts and bolts of retouching and edits.
- Sound like a lot? Don’t worry! The day will be paced to suit your needs and give you time to process everything.
- Your workshop will also include plenty of time to ask questions and get Ben’s guidance and feedback.
What do you need for the Full Day Photography Workshop:
You will need your camera and shooting gear as well as your laptop. While not required, you’re encouraged to bring tethering cables and software with you.
This one-on-one workshop in Ben’s studio is $1850.
Full-day workshops are scheduled from 10 am to 6 pm with an hour break for lunch. Workshops are available Monday-Friday and must be booked in advance.
The workshop will include:
- Introduction to studio lighting using Ben’s light setups
- Photography session with a model in the studio
- Review of images and retouching guidance
- End of day Q&A
Terms and Conditions
The cost of the one-on-one photography workshop is $1850.
50% of the workshop cost is due at the time of scheduling the workshop. This is a non-refundable retainer.
The remaining 50% is due no later than 7 days before your scheduled workshop. This is also non-refundable.
If your balance is not paid at least 7 days before your workshop you will forfeit your spot in the workshop and your retainer.
Workshops are unavailable for:
Workshops are currently unavailable for photographers who teach workshops, classes, etc.
Anyone who does participate in one of Ben’s 1-on-1 workshops will be required to sign a 2-year non-compete contract for photography education.
Workshops are currently not available for photographers in Kentucky & Southern Indiana.
Travel and Housing
You are responsible for all of your travel, meal and housing accommodations.
There are many hotels and restaurants located in convenient proximity to Ben’s studio. If you’re driving, the studio is right off Interstate 64. If you’re flying in, it’s easy to get to Ben’s studio from Louisville’s Muhammed Ali Airport.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
You may cancel your session with 7 days notice. Please note that your 50% retainer is non-refundable. Should you cancel less than seven days in advance of your session, your card will be charged the remainder of your session fee.
Rescheduling is entirely at Ben’s discretion.
In the event of a cancellation for any reason, Ben Marcum Photography accepts no responsibility for any travel and housing fees and will not refund any of your travel and housing costs.
To schedule a full-day one-on-one photography workshop with Ben Marcum, please fill out the application below. Ben will contact you to discuss dates for your workshop.
Apply for a 1-on-1 In-Studio Workshop
Video Mentoring Sessions
Looking for virtual coaching or mentoring?
Ben offers one-on-one business coaching, mentoring, portfolio reviews and much more via Zoom.
Popular topics for Ben’s one-on-one video coaching and mentoring include:
- How to price your sessions and products
- Marketing & Social Media
- Website Review
- Portfolio Review
- Mindset and Motivation
To schedule an appointment use, the online booking tool below.
Appointment fees are non-refundable.